We were founded in 1931 by brothers Loren and Dale Decker, who set out to build a trucking company from the one Model B Ford truck they owned. Early deliveries consisted of deliveries of canned goods, plumbing fixtures, gypsum products and windmills between Iowa and adjacent states. By 1993, Dale’s son Don Decker had acquired sole ownership of the company, whose revenues had grown tenfold and whose operations had expanded to a nationwide system of coverage.
Today, one thing hasn’t changed at Decker: our commitment to superior service. We think that’s why we still proudly serve some of the very same shippers today that we started out with some 80 years ago.